What is GeCCo?
The Global eCollaboration Competition (GeCCo) is an international virtual 24-hour project management case study competition organized by IPMA Young Crew.
Let’s face it, one of the best parts of being in a global network of young project managers is the people you get to meet! Most of those contacts happen during our flagship event, the Global Young Crew Workshop, but attending an international event always has an economic barrier for many.
The world is going digital, which is why we have to be in the forefront of that wave in our networking, so we decided to organize an online competition that takes 24 hours and teams in which each team member comes from a different country! With different time zones, 24 hours is almost as three days! Interested? You can be participating, organizing it locally or bring it to the international level!
- to bring together all YCs and enhance the cooperation between them,
- to spread awareness of the importance and benefits of virtual teams, especially among IPMA Young Crews and future project managers,
- to increase the visibility of IPMA Young Crew and IPMA Young Crew projects.
The project is addressed to all young project management professionals from officially recognized Young Crew countries, disregarding their experience or area of expertise, but with the sufficient level of knowledge in the project management. Participants are chosen among the national YCs that have registered to GeCCo
Can I participate?
In order to qualify for becoming a participant of the GeCCo 2017 competition you must fulfill these criteria:
- You must be currently a resident of a country that is registered in the GeCCo competition. See the list of countries here.
- You must be 18 – 35 years old
- Theoretical knowledge project management is a requirement. Practical experience in project management is a bonus, but not required. You must be familiar with common project management terms, definitions, tools and methods.
- Good English proficiency is required
- Reliable and available internet connection is a must
More information for participants here
Apply until February 1, 2019. Fill the application form here!