How to apply?
YPMY application steps:
- Make yourself familiar with the Submission Guidelines
- Submit an application via the online form by 9th May 2022
- Follow the instructions in this video to assist you in using the application platform.
Who should apply?
The IPMA Young Project Manager of the Year award is open to project managers aged between 18 to 35 at the time of applying with demonstrated professional skills, who have worked/are working on any type of project anywhere in the world. The application is open for both IPMA members and non-members of IPMA.
If IPMA member association (MA) is organizing the competition locally, the winner of the national or regional award is to be submitted to the international award by the MA.
A winning individual will be one who demonstrates, through narratives, documentary evidence, and at the interview, excellence and/or innovation in project management over a cumulative period of not less than two years. The project(s) undertaken may be of any size, complexity or value, from either the public or private sector and can be located anywhere in the world.
As a guideline, a successful program or project manager would be one who:
- created a productive work environment as well as the drive and impetus to make things happen,
- balanced technical and management skills,
- juggled different views and perspectives, backgrounds and personalities,
- maintained focus ensuring their team’s performance is optimized and the project’s objectives are met
- sought to incorporate the recognized ten principles of sustainability into projects undertaken.
The names of the top three finalists will be announced on June 27th.